Saturday, July 6, 2019

CCBL: Harwich at Bourne

The Harwich Mariners came to Bourne Friday night to see if they could deal with the Braves.




Harwich didn't know that you don't step to Bourne On The 4th Of July, even if it's the 5th of July. Much like Salem with Halloween or Plymouth around Thanksgiving, Bourne has superpowers for the whole July 4th holiday weekend.




Bourne was rocking their sweet Wear Red For The Troops jerseys. I actually prefer these to the regular unis.



Look at both jerseys, then try telling me that I am incorrect. I think about stuff like this too much. I think that the Patriots should go back to red as well. I would even make the Houston Texans change back to the Oilers and bring back the powder blue.



I was using this vantage point right up until one of the kids hit a sizzler into the dugout. I never flinched... which sounds like a good thing initially, but which really means that I have remarkably slow reflexes. How slow are they? I just now threw my hands up.


Bourne was up 3-0 when we arrived, while this kid was pitching. They brought a sidewinder in to close, and then it was 3-2. The submariner got out of it, though.


The umpire wasn't hurt in the video we have where he goes down. The ump had a double play ball hit right at him, but he did some Matrix body bend move and Bourne doubled up.




Final score: Bourne 3, Harwich 2

No comments:

Post a Comment