Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Plymouth/Wareham Cranberry Harvest

October brings the cranberry harvests.


We headed out to the Wareham/Plymouth border, off Wareham Road, just past White Island Shores.

In the general vicinity of Shangri-La.


Farms are just now beginning to harvest cranberries, and will do so through October and into November.



Look at the title of this page, and know that we'll probably be hitting a few more bogs this season.


We had grey skies and genuinely rotten light, blue skies help the bog photography game.


We had to edit the pics on my phone to make them worth using. Then we overdo the saturation and it becomes impossibly pink. The video below is unedited.


I'm not sure if these berries will be processed in time for Thanksgiving. I have no idea how long the bog-to-table period is. I generally avoid pestering workers if I can help it.

Maybe I'll tour Ocean Spray this year. My Godmother works/worked there, maybe she can hook us up.


Until then, I'll be trampling through bogs.

Cranberry House

Distance shot





No comments:

Post a Comment