Sunday, October 21, 2018

Fall Foliage Check: Quincy

Our fall foliage hunt took us to Quincy, MA

I am a foliage chaser. I was a storm chaser, but that's dangerous. You also get really wet.


Quincy, which is relatively urban, isn't the first choice for a town to stalk foliage in. No offense meant to Quincy, I was a Grenwold Road kid for a while, and you can see that I did get an article out of Capital Q.


I will be mostly out of Quincy this season... especially when our coverage area is SE Massachusetts, which has towns like Rehoboth and Duxbury which are pretty much all forest.

However, foliage moves north to south. It has been a warm autumn, the trees are slow to turn, and Quincy is about as far north as the job takes us.


Quincy turns first, making it to our foliage articles what Iowa is to presidential elections.


I wanted to get Grenwold Road, which is lined with trees and looks promising, but it hasn't turned yet.

If you live on Grenwold Road, it may amuse you to know that A) I'll be back, and B) my phone's auto correct keeps changing Grenwold Road into "Teen Wolf Road." 


The sun gets filtered through the leaves, which means that I can use the same tree twice.


I am also a more determined photographer than a good one, so I try to help myself along with Mr. Sun.


I'm amazed that someone built a house on such a steep hill.


That looks like a pumpkin tree.


This tree was tasked with holding up the sun.




1 comment:

  1. Quincy had some great color at the Mt Wollaston Cemetery on 09/17. Hanover has a lovely spot with the bridges over the North River (one side Pembroke the other Hanover) 10/17. Hanover also sported some lovely colors 10/25 before the storm.

    ReplyDelete